Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Saturday, March 27, 2010

I AM NOT A GIRLY GIRL

I think that that title was self explanatory, but if it wasn't, here it is again.
I AM NOT A GIRLY GIRL.
I never was, and never really will be.
I was never obsessed with pink, I am not obsessed with guys (much. Unless they're famous. (Like Justin Bieber.) I'M KIDDING.) (disclaimer: I, in my honest opinion, hate Justin Bieber. No offense to him or his person, I just really don't like him. As I have expressed before.) I didn't really play with dolls until I was older and even then it was to mutilate them.
I pretended I was a veterinarian and liked to play with dinosaurs.
I think I wasn't a girly girl.
But tonight, I did something rather uncharacteristic of me.
I gave myself a avocado facial and painted my nails 'Papaya Punch' pink.
'Papaya Punch' is actually more like fuchsia, but I did a really good job, and am reasonably proud of myself.
My mother is always telling me that when I was little when I painted my nails, I used to end up painting my whole finger, and then when she would ask if she could fix them, I would say 'No, I like them! They look pretty!'
Also, painting my nails as a child never lasted long. I always picked the nail polish off.
Come to think of it, that might be why my nails are weird and have strange ridges.
But anyway, back to my uncharacteristic behavior.
I gave myself an avocado facial.
At first, it was weird. I mean, I was slopping raw, mushed avocado mixed with olive oil, raw egg, and vinegar on my face.
To top it off, this little concoction turned neon green when dried, which made me resemble Fiona from Shrek.
Minus the red hair and the obvious fact that she is a non-existent creature.
But all the strangeness aside, that facial actually felt really good.
It made my skin feel all soft.
So that was my Saturday night.
In all of it's glory.
Now, I have to go watch Nitro Circus.
SLATERZ!
~ELLE

1 comment: