Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Friday, March 19, 2010

i am going to try something different today

i am going to try writing on my blog the way i write poetry
i never
use
capitals
and rarely
use
punctuation
it took me
forever
to get used
to this
format
but now that
i am
used to it
i can never write poetry
any
other
way
so here goes my poetry attempt
if i accidentally rhyme and it is
horrible
please know that i am exempt
from criticism
it is experimental.
here goes it
**********

sunshine
warm and glorious sunshine
stranger than
snow in june is
sunshine in march

so warm
this afternoon
i rolled up my jeans
and
took
off
my sweatshirt

the warm wind
blew
and my stupid civics project
nearly made me
fly away
into the cloudless sky

flipflop noises against
the pavement
skin so unused to
the ultraviolet rays
that
it
feels
as
though
i
am
burning
right
away

but no one cares
anyhow
why is that?
coz there is freaking sunshine in march in massachusetts and that never ever happens so all the people living there rejoice and wear shorts and flip flops and sunbathe and dance in their front lawns and generally do not care about anything because
what the heck?

it is sunny outside

1 comment:

  1. "...it feels as though i am burning right away", I love that! Different is good :)

    ReplyDelete