Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why Some People Shouldn't Play The Violin

So a few days ago, one of my mother's coworkers or something gave her a violin for all the children in my family to try out. I already play music (I am a flautist (that's for Alli) and I fool myself into thinking that I can play the guitar and piano when really I just mess around and play random notes.) and I am obsessed with listening to it.
For instance, right now I'm listening to 'I Stand Corrected' by Vampire Weekend.
Yesterday it was 'Colors of the Wind' from Pocahontas.
I listen to a wide variety of music, some of which involve violins, but I never realized how SMALL violins are! I don't know if the violin currently residing in my home is a baby violin or what, but it makes my hands seem huge, and it is a popular fact that my hands are tiny.
Like tiny tiny.
Small apples are larger than my fists.
But back to the violin.
It's so small that I can actually fit my hand around the neck, quite unlike my guitar. I can't wrap my hand around the neck of my guitar. I have to play the sixth string with my thumb.
But again, let's return to the violin.
My little brother has taken an extreme liking to that instrument.
To the point where he came up to me and said "When I get bored at the fire station when I'm older, I'll just play the violin."
I have high hopes for that child.
Also, since it is April Fool's Day, I have to say the one decent prank done to me today.
In band class, our conductor, Mr. Seapy, gave us a clarinet concerto.
It gave me a headache just looking at it.
He had us going for about twenty minutes.
Well, that's all for now!
Hope you all had a good April Fool's Day.
I'm out!
~Elle

1 comment: