Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Friday, April 23, 2010

So My Mother Thrust An Idea Upon Me...

...And I think I might consider it.
Obviously, by the title of my blog, I kind of want to be a writer in the future.
Obviously.
But, the thing is, I don't let people read anything that I write.
I have notebooks upon notebooks upon notebooks of things that I have written, but I've never let a single soul read the stories that reside within.
Besides myself.
Obviously.
The reason behind this is that I am deathly afraid that when people read what I have written, they won't like it. They will just cast it aside as nonsense, and let my stories rot away in some unused corner, surrounded by maniacal dust bunnies and gruesome spiders.
So, getting back to the title, my mother had this idea.
One of the mothers of a little boy on my younger brother's baseball team is an editor of a newspaper, and she and my mom were talking.
My mom thought that it would be a good idea if I inquired in to the editor of my town paper and asked if I could write for the paper.
Now, I have some idea about what I am going to do about this, but I want you guys's opinion -
Should I write for the paper?
Or should I just try to get my stories published instead?
WHAT TO DO?
And that, folks, is my dilemma this Friday.
Hope you are all having a peachy day!
~Elle

3 comments:

  1. I think you should write for the paper! But if you don't want to then don't. OMG that would be so neat! I will tell Jacoby that you send your love. OMG!!! I am so excited!!!
    - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input, Anonymous!
    Haha, I hope you had a great time at the game!
    ~Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should totally go for it! You are an amazing writer and I think it would be a great chance to get used to writing for someone (or something in this case). Don't act on my behalf but if you did start writing for the newspaper I would have something to look forward to every sunday besides the comics:)

    ReplyDelete