Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hooray! I Did It!

I successfully managed to make my blog look different and yet nice in under an hour?
Who da man?
OK...
I'm never saying that again.
For all of you who are WHO fans, you'll understand that poorly disguised attempt at adding DOCTOR WHO into my blog yet again.
I have every reason, though, because it is my favorite show of all time, and it did just premiere in the US last night and I am very excited about that BECAUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME AND IT'S FINALLY BACK ON TV!!!!!
OH MY GOOD GIDDY AUNT I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!
Now, if you don't want to hear me ramble on about DOCTOR WHO for another ten minutes or however long it takes me to write this, then I suggest that you leave, because that's what's going down in G-Town today.
Brace yourselves.
So season four of DW (DOCTOR WHO, but I just don't feel like writing it every third word, so it shall be henceforth known as DW. Like Arthur's little sister. Haha, childhood. I digress.) ended with David Tennant, possibly my favorite Doctor ever, regenerating and becoming Matt Smith. Now, I was a little wary at first, because I was so used to David Tennant's Doctor, that I wouldn't know what to make of Matt Smith's.
I think I'm OK with him playing the Doctor. The show started out with the Doctor, (now Matt Smith) nearly crashing into Big Ben in his TARDIS, which is falling out of the sky. He lands in Amelia Pond's back yard, and she just calmly walks out and inquires if he is the police that she sent for about the crack in her wall (she had been praying to Santa to do something about the crack, when the Doctor crash-landed. And as we all know (Or at least I do) the TARDIS is a 1960s English Police Box.
So the Doctor is just getting over his latest regeneration, and in true style, doesn't quite know who he is yet.
He climbs out of the TARDIS soaking wet saying something about a swimming pool in the library and an intense craving for apples.
So little Amelia Pond (who is seven, by the way. They mention it later in the show.) leads the Doctor into her house and gives him an apple.
Here is a transcription of that entire scene. It's worth it.
Believe me.
Doctor: *stares around the kitchen*
Amelia: *hands Doctor an apple* If you're a doctor, why does your box say police?
Doctor: *bites apple then spits it out immediately* *coughs* That's disgusting, what is that?
Amelia: An apple.
Doctor: Apple's rubbish. I hate apples.
Amelia: You said you loved them.
Doctor: No, no. I love yogurt. Yogurt's my favorite, give me yogurt. (Just saying, British people say yogurt funny, so I watched that little bit, like, ten times.)
Amelia: *runs and gets a yogurt cup, hands it to him*
Doctor: *grabs the cup and rips the cover tinny thing off. Downs the yogurt. Promptly spits it out.*
Yogurt: *makes a really sickening sploosh noise as it hits the floor. Disgusting.*
Doctor: I hate yogurt. It's just stuff with bits in.
Amelia: *really not believing this strange, sopping wet man in her kitchen. I don't blame her. She's supposed to be seven.* You said it was your favorite.
Doctor: *wiping stray yogurt off of his face.* New mouth, new rules. It's like eating after cleaning your teeth; everything tastes gro-o-o--o-sss *goes into a spasm and looks kind of like a rag doll of strings. (Stupid Elle, that's called a marionette, you dummy.) Claps a hand to his head*
Amelia: What's wrong with you? (Can anyone blame her for asking this question?)
Doctor: Wrong with me? It's not my fault you can't give me any decent food. You're Scottish; fry something.
It goes through a few foods.
Like bacon.
Doctor: That's bacon?
Amelia: *nods*
Doctor: Are you trying to poison me?
And beans, one of my personal favorites.
Doctor: *takes a bite, then spits it out in the sink.* Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans.
And bread and butter.
Doctor: *throwing the plate out of the house. You hear a cat.* And stay out!
The scene ends with the Doctor eating fish sticks and custard.
It really was quite epic.
Also the line:
Doctor: Box falls out of the sky, man falls out of the box, man eats fish custard, and look at you, you're just sitting there!
That was directed at Amelia.
You can watch the scene on YouTube and see how bad my transcribing skills are with this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEY3l3XXJIg
I think that was one of my favorite episodes yet.
There's also a scene with a duck pond that you can find at this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arikdECVbx4&feature=PlayList&p=45A96EAE9AF15CE2&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=9
Yes that link is long, I know.
But if you've actually read this insane ramble, you deserve to see that clip.
Besides that, I really did love the series opener.
It made my Saturday night, yes it did.
Me, being me, I miss David Tennant, but Matt Smith and Karen Gillian really seem like quite the dynamic duo.
An ominous back story was shown at the very end of the show when the Doctor and Amy (as Amelia goes by now) go off in the TARDIS after the Doctor tells us that "Bow ties are cool" is a wedding dress hanging on the back of Amy's door.
OH NO!
AND SHE TOLD THE DOCTOR THAT NOTHING SPECIAL WAS HAPPENING TOMORROW!
I'm thoroughly excited, and I think that you lot are thoroughly bored, so I'm going to end this with a squeal and a "I can't wait for next Saturday even if it means that my vacation is over!"
With fish custard and my Chameleon Circuit, (Alli), I bid you all adieu.
~Elle

2 comments:

  1. I like your new blog :)
    I'm sorry to say that I did not read that post, but I am impressed by how long it is.
    I am writing this comment to brag about how my blog looks. So go look at it.
    Also, I wol like you to go look at my other blog. I left you a note.
    (http://isabelsbookreviews.blogspot.com)
    ~Isabel
    P.S. I hope you have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at your blog, and your blog totally owns mine. I'm working on that.
    I will go look at your new one, especially if you mentioned me.
    I knew you wouldn't read it.
    Whatever.
    ~Elle

    ReplyDelete