Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where Art Thou, Life Of Mine?

I have absolutely no life whatsoever.
It's true, ask ANYONE.
"You know Elle?"
"Yeah, that chick has NO LIFE, man. None at all."
"Seriously? I'd have thought a smart, funny, interesting girl like her would have never been home."
"Nope. No life."
That was just a sample conversation of what someone would say if they were asking about my life. It probably happens everyday, for all I know.
I digress.
So the reason I have had the epiphany that I have absolutely no life whatsoever is that the musical I was in, OKLAHOMA, just ended.
That musical took up most of my life for the past four months, and now that it's over, I have absolutely NO IDEA about what I am going to do with myself! Am I going to focus on schoolwork and exercise? Or am I going to focus on that novel I've been meaning to write and the Internet? All of the possibilities are running around in my head like marbles that are somehow strung out on crack.
I'm actually kind of concerned for my welfare. And for the welfare of my utterly, impossibly insane brain.
The problem with musicals, especially school related ones, is that they take over your life, so that you devote every waking second to the success of the play, and then all of the sudden, four months flies by and you're taking your final bows at the end of the final show and then you have to strike the set and then it's over.
Your little family is once again dispersed throughout the school and you barely see them any more. The seniors are in the senior wing and you never get to say hi. Then they graduate, and you never see them again.
Life really is horrible that way. It lets you get close to people and then you never see them again.
But, then again, it shows you that you should never take life for granted, and that some of the best times of your life are the memories you keep about belting OKLAHOMA with forty-nine members of your new family around $150 of Chinese food at 11:00 at night.
I haven't been alive for that long, but I know that when you have memories like those, you've probably been living your life right.

1 comment: