Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Monday, February 8, 2010

School is Awkward - Take If From the Awkwardest

School is just a breeding ground for awkward moments. Take it from the Queen of Awkward Moments. I don't know why, but awkward moments tend to breed around me, like they live off of the words I by accidently vomit out.
I'm just a walking, talking, awkward moment.
Here is a list of awkward moments that i encounter on a daily basis.
1. Walking Up The Stairs
Walking up the stairs is SO AWKWARD. Especially if you're walking behind someone. You have NO WHERE to look. You can either look at the person in front of you's feet. You can look at their butt. Or you can gaze up at the ceiling. You trip if you look at their feet, you run into people if you look at the ceiling, and you feel like a pervert if you look at their butt. I have an irrational fear that someone is looking at my butt when I walk up the stairs, so I try to think about happy things, like chocolate rainbows and honors English when I walk up the stairs.
2. Sitting Alone at a Lunch Table
Is there anything more sad and awkward than this? Picture-sitting alone at a huge table, trying not to look like a dork while snarfing your lunch so you can gaze out the window and feel like you maybe look preoccupied in your thoughts, your deep, deep thoughts about Life, The Universe, and Everything! (Side note, that is the name of one of my favorite books, by Douglas Adams, who is brilliant.)
3. Teachers Saying That's What She Said Jokes Without Their Knowledge
Now, THAT is just awkward. Have you ever had that teacher that is just spouting things in class that make you want to scream and pee your pants with laughter because they say it with a straight face and have no idea that what they are saying is hilariously funny to teenage kids. Me and my friends have a system. Whenever a teacher says a that's what she said, we raise our hands. The teacher has no idea what is going on, and me and my pals get another chuckle at their bemused faces.
4. Those Awkward Pauses Which Make You Want To Take Back Whatever You Just Said
Ever had one of those? Self explanatory then.
5. Adolescent Ramblings That Involve A Lot Of Dirty Jokes
Ever been in a room with twenty fourteen year olds?
Yeah...
That doesn't need explaining either.

No comments:

Post a Comment