Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Thursday, February 4, 2010

Being A Cookie Is Not Good

So I know that this news is a little late, but I felt like I had to say something about Heidi Montag and her apparent addiction to plastic surgery.
Today I was reading a magazine at my local library, and the main story was how Heidi Montag was addicted to plastic surgery.
I understand that some people really, truly do need some plastic surgery, and that it can be life saving on some counts, but Ms. Montag had 10 surgeries in one visit, and visibly changed her appearance, in my opinion for the worse.
As I was reading the article, it said she had a neck liposuction!
Who lipo's their neck?
Seriously.
I mean, most of the surgeries she had done were completely because she didn't like the way she looked.
I can't understand why a person would want to do that to themselves.
She got her chin reduced because someone said she had a Jay Leno chin.
Yes, Jay Leno has a HUGE chin, but Ms. Montag did not. She had an original and lovely face that is gone now because she's transformed it into a cookie cutter version of the American idea of beautiful.
I really wish that people would understand that they are beautiful the way that they were born, and that willingly going under the knife just to make yourself look prettier isn't the way.
The people who love you, love you FOR YOU!
They really don't want to see you in pain. They don't want to see you upset with yourself. I can understand why someone would opt for plastic surgery if something about their body was impairing the way they lived their life, but going under just to make yourself look different is, in my opinion, the wrong decision.
I know that this is very opinionated, but I believe that people who do plastic surgery for the wrong reasons aren't very smart, to say the least.
Once you go under major surgery, you can't go back.
What if you don't like what you look like?
What if you end up unhappy with the result in the long run?
I'm just saying, from a teenage standpoint, I love myself the way I am, and can't understand why someone would want to change themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment