Welcome to my confessions... they aren't quite confessions, but welcome anyway...



Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Stories - Volume 9: Recipe for Awesome

The last blog that I wrote (yesterday, incidentally(go Elle). So are you actually writing now? Why is that? Oh, right, your life got interesting for a change) had the title Recipe for Awesome and JOHN FREAKING MAYER, and while I addressed the JOHN FREAKING MAYER portion of it, I have yet to talk about Recipe for Awesome.
So here goes it.
On the ride to the stadium where I saw John Mayer, my friend Liv and I were talking and I said the phrase "Recipe for Awesome" (and yes, the capitalization was discernible). Right after I said that Liv and I both said at the exact same time (she owes me a soda) that 'Recipe for Awesome' would be a great name for a band.
So I texted my friend Jacquie and told her about this, since she would be the person that I would start a band with, and she texted me back and that sparked a conversation that led to eight album names and one EP.
Here they are, in order.
1. irunintowalls (for a long time, I thought that irunintowalls would be the name of my band, but Recipe for Awesome is just, umm, more awesome?)
2. travisismybuddy (That is another story for another day)
3. Recipe for Awesome (since all good bands have at least one self-titled album)
4. GRAND (honestly, I think I say that more than British people, and they're the ones who made they saying!)
5. [insert title here] (I had to go look for the paper I wrote these down on to find the title of album #5. Does anyone else see the irony?)
6. When We Get There (because all good things happen when we get there. Where ever there is.)
7. Allons Y! (Because I had to have at least one Doctor Who reference. It's me.)(This album was previously named Bombs Away!, but Allons Y! is way better, don't you think?)
8. (Personally, I think that this is the most brilliant album name out of all of them. And it wasn't my idea, so I can say that without sounding like a pompous fool!) The Awesome Is Done.
9. It's All Good In The Hood - EP (That is my catch phrase. Fo' shizzle, dawg.)
So there it is. My entire music career mapped out. Now I just need to find a band(I'll think I will recruit my lovely friends, since they love me and want me to be happy)(The incentive of chocolate also works wonders), write the songs(about what? Give me ideas, people!), record the songs(Umm, where? In my basement?), create a following(Tell your friends!), and meet some famous people who love my music (Brad Pitt would be nice) and my world domination is imminent!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! TAKING OVER THE WORLD, ONE CHORD AT A TIME!!!!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go write about 90 songs(I need pudding).
Wish me luck!
Musically yours,
~Elle
P.S. I apologize for the over-use (but who decides when it is over-used, Elle? WHO???) of parentheses (whenever I say parentheses, I sound like I have a lisp. Go ahead. Try it. I bet you will too.). I was in a mood (the mood for food. It's 2:15 and I haven't really eaten breakfast or lunch yet. I want pudding.) for giving you all a lot of extra information (so deal with it). If you want you can just read the blog with out the parentheses - I will post this blog again with out them. I guarantee that it will still make sense (because that is the purpose of parentheses - they add extra information to the story (or in this case blog) that is not needed but good for Trivial Pursuit.)
(P.P.S. I think that Trivial Pursuit is a horrible game designed to make people feel stupid for not remembering those small, insignificant details that the people who created the game found interesting and a whole lot cooler than the actual plot of the movie/book/TV show that they created the version of Trivial Pursuit for.)
(P.P.P.S. I rock at Trivial Pursuit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment